New INDIE ROW TOP 20 Voting Rules
(In effect February 7th – Updated February 7th)
With the incredible response received from the INDIE ROW TOP 20 Countdown over its first 10 months, the TNC Team has reviewed the Countdown’s process and structure, and implemented new rules and criteria.
The following contains important details that can help you and your music and latest singles.
Please take 5 minutes to read over the details.
New voting polls happen from Friday’s at 5pm ET, until Tuesday’s at 12 Midnight ET.
The 25-30 Songs for each new/latest weekly INDIE ROW Voting Poll are determined by the TNC Team each Wed-Thurs.
They include the previous week’s Top 20 + a combination of 5-10 additional songs, made up of runner’s up songs (potentially giving them a 2nd or 3rd chance), and new 1st time songs to the voting poll.
– This is an awesome way to connect and engage with your fans, while building a stronger supportive fan base.
– We WANT to see high (but fair) voting, which means more of your fans are engaged with you and your music, ultimately resting in consistent success.
– New Weekly Voting will happen over a 4 day period, from each Friday at 5pm ET until Tuesday at 12 Midnight ET.
– Fans can cast 1 vote per day (per IP address), and will be limited to a max 5 votes per week.
– As the majority will recruit their fan bases for votes, we also know that IP Addresses and Cookies can be sometimes reset, cleared and/or manipulated. Any flagged anomalies, misuse or abuse of the voting system by fans may result in a banned IP Address, lost votes, position adjustment, and/or disqualification (only as a final option) of the artist(s) voted for; 5 or more flagged voting anomalies will automatically result in a loss of a max 5 positions on the countdown, no matter the number of votes cast.
INDIE ROW TOP 20 Countdown Placement.
Fan voting accounts for 50% of an Artist’s placement, and the remaining 50% is determined by music career activity and TNC review.
– 50%-Fan Voting – Fans can cast 1 vote per day (per IP address), and will be limited to a max 5 votes per week.
– 50%-Active Social Media/Promotion (ie: shares of TNC posts, promotion of the INDIE ROW TOP 20, post likes, comments, etc), activity in progressing and growing an artist’s music career (ie: ), and finally TNC Team discretionary review of individual artist’s and their songs.
– The song with the most votes each week does not (necessarily) determine the #1 song on the Countdown.
Once in the Top 25/Top 20 mix…
The INDIE ROW TOP 20 Countdown is designed to reflect (as close as possible) that of a mainstream countdown.
Most artists are at different stages of their musical career, along with having both different musical aspirations and knowledge of the music industry.
– Singles will be eligible for a maximum of 15 weeks on the INDIE ROW TOP 20, despite performance/position.
– The highest a song can debut in the Top 20 is at the #13 position.
– The highest a song can re-enter in the Top 20 is at the #15 position.
– After making the INDIE ROW Top 20, the maximum a song can move down each week is 4 spots, unless otherwise determined by the TNC Programming Team.
– If a song currently/most previously between the #1 and #12 positions finishes the next voting poll outside of the Top 20 in voting, it can drop as many as 10 positions.
– If a single misses the Top 20 in voting, the TNC Team can give that song a 2nd chance at voting.
– If a single misses 2 consecutive weeks making the Top 20, it may be moved to TNC’s Indie-Recurrent Category….but could potentially get another chance, upon future request and review.
– TNC Artist Members with new singles are given priority for review of the INDIE ROW TOP 20. Memberships are totally optional, but so come with many extras that can help an artist’s career throughout the year-long term – Ask us for details.
Rewards of the INDIE ROW TOP 20.
True North Country strives to have the INDIE ROW TOP 20 Countdown to hold and provide value for both Artists and the Industry.
– Placing in the INDIE ROW TOP 20 can be an incredibly useful tool and/or resume element to a single’s success, especially if an Artist or their Single is not receiving support from traditional Radio.
– All singles in the Top 20 (and/or part of the weekly Top 25 voting poll) automatically receive full regular rotation on TNC Radio during that active week (ie: Monday-Sunday).
We try our best to send out regular TNC and INDIE ROW updates, whether they be via email or our TNC Facebook Page.
With the newly updated fan voting process, daily notifications/posts will be made Friday-Tuesday.
– These updates will usually contain important voting info, countdown positions, voting links, etc.
– Check alternate folders to make sure any TNC emails and/or notifications are going to your Inbox.
– Make sure that YOU like the TNC Facebook Page, as we often Tag Artists in our Posts.
– Sharing these posts may help in determining charting positions.
– Make sure the TNC Team has the best contact information possible, so you don’t miss INDIE ROW updates and/or social media tags.
– Make sure you (and/or your Management) is diligent in checking for INDIE ROW email and/or social media updates.
Tips and Suggestions.
Don’t forget – This is the MUSIC – BUSINESS. The old adage is “95% work for 5% glory”.
– We WANT to see you and your music succeed – We don’t just say it, we back it up and follow through with actual support!
– Make sure we receive and are up-to-date with, your latest singles and recordings – We can’t play your music, if we don’t have it.
– Be active on your Social Media.
– Share posts, and request support from your fan base.
– Encourage fans to LIKE and SHARE the TNC Facebook Page – The more your fans are seeing our newsfeed and updates, the more they’ll support your music, and the less you’ll have to remind them. 😉
These rules and regulations could be updated at any time, at the discretion of the TNC Programming Team.
TNC Artist Memberships
– If you’re already a TNC Artist Member – Thanks for your support!
– TNC Artist Memberships are optional, but encouraged, as there are many advantages and extras that are included.
– Artist Profile Upgrades – Include a Profile Picture, Artist Bio, Social Media Tags, and more.
– Priority review of your music and latest singles at TNC’s weekly Music Meetings
– Priority given to new singles for the INDIE ROW TOP 20 Countdown
– Extra voting reminders during any active INDIE ROW TOP 20 Countdown run
– Active priority sharing via TNC’s Social Media
– 1 Guaranteed Artist Profile on both the TNC Radio Station and TNC Web Site
– 1 Week’s worth, or approx. 200 x 30 Second Artist Promo’s on the TNC Radio Station, to be used to promote Music and Recordings
– Nomination Rights for the annual TNC Awards (TBA – Tentatively set for CCMA Weekend 2019)
– Minimum 1 Voting Right for the annual TNC Awards (TBA – Tentatively set for CCMA Weekend 2019)
– Access to regular ongoing support to Radio and Industry News, Tips and Contacts
– Major TNC Screening Room discounts
– Lots of extras during the membership period
– And more!
Make sure we have your basic info, so we can include your Artist Profile on TrueNorthCountry.ca.
– Ask us about any current special offers – If you’ve taken the time to read this far, you deserve it! 😉
Thanks for supporting Canadian Country Music!